Citadel Stampede BBQ
Sat. July 4th, 12:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Citadel Outdoor skating rink.
DUE TO POPULAR DEMAND, WE ARE HOLDING ANOTHER STAMPEDE BBQ EVENT!
The BBQ is FREE for Community Association Members.
Non-members will be charged a nominal $3 per person.
What do we offer …
Games for the kids
And of course – BBQ LUNCH!
We will be serving up Burgers, hotdogs, chips and drinks.
Youth and adult volunteers are needed for 1½ to 2 hour shifts:
• Set-up (starting at 10:00 a.m.)
• BBQ Grillers
• Food / Condiment Table Monitors
• Bouncy House Supervisors
• Line Controllers
• Others (TBD)
• Tear Down (from 3:00 p.m.)
Citadel’s Movie in the Park
THURSDAY, September 10 2015 @ St Brigid School
MOVIE TITLE: TBA
Looking for something unique and different to do on the evening of September 10, 2015? If so, come on down to the Citadel Community’s Movie in the Park! This event is brought to you by the City of Calgary and the Citadel Community Association. We will be showing a Movie (TO BE ADVISED) on a giant inflatable movie screen with theatre sound to set up an “open air cinema”. The fun begins at 8:30pm at the St. Brigid School and we have booked the school facilities in case of bad weather. There will be food for purchase; hot dogs, Spolumbos sausage on a bun, and drinks (all proceeds to the community’s Christmas Hamper Fund). Please bring your own snacks and chairs . There will be a portable bathroom on site. See you there!
Citadel’s Parade of Garage Sales
Saturday. June 6 2015: 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Citadel (Tent at Citadel Gazebo)
Registration is closed for the 2015 Citadel Parade of Garage Sales - To view the Map of the 2015 Registered Garage Sales - Follow the Link Below
Citadel’s Parade of Garage Sales have been one of our more popular annual events, with many people visiting from other communities. This year, we will be serving cookies, juice and maps with participants sales marked.
How Does It Work?
• You will receive an email confirming your registration and tips about preparing for and holding your garage sale.
• Register by May 31st by completing the online registration. This is a hard cut-off date.
• Your registration fee goes towards other events and programs organized by Citadel Community Association, such as the Stampede BBQ, Fall Fair and sup¬plies for Badminton and Youth Drop-in program.
• Zeena Taghvai RE/MAX Real Estate Mountain View, our sponsor, pays for all of the advertising through the Calgary Herald, in neighboring communities with large “neon” signs, and smaller curb signs. She will also give you an 11” by 17” sign for your yard or street corner.
• Your address will be listed on the Citadel Community Association website by May 31, and on the maps available at the Citadel Gazebo and online.
• Host your garage sale (advertised time is 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., but you can start earlier if you want to).
Citadel Multi-Use Community Building
The Final designs for the proposed Citadel Community Multi-Use building were presented to our Community at the Open House event on 6 May 2015. The PowerPoint presentation which contains the Final Plans and 3D- Renderings of the Building is presented below - or you may view Images of the Plans and Renderings by following this link -----> PLANS
Citadel Community Clean-up
Sat. June 13, 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Parking Lot – Citadel Park Elementary School/Ice Rink
CLEANING UP THE BASEMENT, THE GARAGE, OR THE YARD? WE’RE HERE TO HELP!
Two City of Calgary Packer Trucks will be on site for household garbage and other waste.
“Women in Need Society” will be on site and accept clothing, toys, bedding, books, shoes, etc., and small electrical household appliances that are use-able. Bicycles must be in working order.
The Clean-up is FREE to all Citadel Community Association members. A small donation is asked from all non-members, and the proceeds will be used to supplement other events organized by the Community Association.
Further details on the City of Calgary’s disposal and recycling program can be found on the City’s website. Click Here!
TO VOLUNTEER FOR THE COMMUNITY’S CLEAN UP DAY, PLEASE CONTACT THE VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR AT
To Be Defined: clothing, toys, bedding, books, shoes, etc., and small electrical household appliances that are use-able. Bicycles must be in working order. Small household items, clothing, bicycles in working order.
To Be Defined: Electronics Recycling, TV’s, phones, computers, Metal Recycling, microwaves, small no- working appliances, bed frames, etc.;
Furniture dropped off will be treated as “Swap Meet”. If you can use a furniture item dropped off, it is yours if you make a donation towards Christmas Hampers for our community.
The following CANNOT be accepted and may NOT be placed in the packer trucks: tires, home appliances, paint, household chemicals, propane tanks, microwaves, car batteries, home electronics, liquids, metals, glass, hazardous waste.
WE CANNOT ACCEPT : TIRES, CHEMICALS, CAR BATTERIES, LARGE HOME APPLIANCES, PAINT, GLASS, LIQUIDS, PROPANE TANKS.